Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My 6 month old

I completely forgot to finish and the post this, so sorry. I have failed my blog lately. I have also failed to read blogs lately. I will attempt to explain in a future post until then...

James is a very happy baby.
He smiles and laughs all the time (and in my head I picture him saying "smiling's my favorite!"
I'd officially call him an easy baby, although he still wants to be held most of the time.
James weighs (well weighed at his 6 mo appointment) 20lbs (99%)
James is (was) 28.5 inches long (99%)
I do not remember what his head measurement was; but usually he is usually around the 70%.
James got tiny little bumps all over his face one day. The next day they were on his chest. And the day after that they covered his entire body (poor guy). Turns out, he had heat rash. I now carry ice packs with me and when we get out of the car I have to line his seat with them. Since I have been doing this, his heat rash has disappeared.
James isn't super into solids yet. He will take about 5 bites (max) and about 3.5 of those bites end up on his bib. Then he gags and clamps his mouth closed so I can't feed him anymore.
He still nurses every 2 hours (day and night). It started to slow down a while back but he is in another growth spurt and with the heat like this I'm sure he is a bit more dry than usual.
He likes to prop his feet up on me. On my arms, or legs, or chest; whatever he can.
He is a chatter box. I LOVE listening to him rattle on and on in his baby talk. Usually it sounds like Da da th th th th waaa et aaaahhhh. I'm pretty sure it means, I love you mommy.
James loves books. He no longer tries to put books in his mouth when I read to him! He watches the pictures and tries to turn the page.
The second I lay James down on his back he rolls over to his tummy, then waves his arms frantically as if he is trying to swim.
While in the crawl position he arm crawls with one arm. No legs. He can actually make an entire circle!
I still bounce James to sleep for every nap and for bedtime, people tell me I am spoiling him. Really I am just enjoying every second with him. Is that so wrong?
We do bedtime routine each night. I think he is just starting to expect that bedtime is approaching when we do story, scripture, song, pray...
James has a nervous laugh. When he is anxious to eat, or prematurely wakes from a nap, he laughs. Not his normal laugh, but almost an irritated laugh. Wonder where he picked that up...
James is the most cuddly baby I've ever known.
When Sam walks in at night, James immediately smiles his best smile and starts to make happy noises. He knows Sam is just about to scoop him up and entertain him. It's my favorite part of the day, watching them play together.

2 comments:

Tere said...

He is the happiest lil guy with a smile that never ends!! Your such a good mama Heddy!! Give JJ some cuddles and kisses from Gram Gram!! Love you!

Darlene Swapp said...

That is so sweet Heather! Will just found his feet the other day and whenever he reaches for them I think of you and James!