Thursday, June 23, 2011

A bit of bad luck

Lately some fishy things have been happening around the Ashby household:
-A few weeks ago Sam kept getting flat tires. The odd part was after he would fill the tire, it would be fine but a few nights later a different tire would be flat.
-One night, Sam left his window cracked a bit and someone threw rocks in his car.
-A week later, someone keyed the driver's side of his car.
-Then someone tried to steal my car! Yeah that's right steal it. Something felt off the second I walked up to the car. Sam had been driving it the night before and the driver's door was unlocked. The rest of the doors were locked. Sam is very conscious about locking doors, I have never seen him leave a door unlocked so right away I knew something was wrong. Then, I got into the drivers seat and the chair was moved forward even more then where I would place it. Sam is 6'7" so it should have been all the way back, where he left it. Then I noticed all of my consul contents were all over the floor. Then I tried to put the key in the ignition and the car was left in the start position. And the battery was dead. Luckily they didn't take it but scary for us.
-The next night someone wrote on the hood of Sam's car in permanent marker.
-The next day James was napping and I heard a loud pop. I looked everywhere but didn't notice anything weird. Then when Jams woke up I looked at the window and saw this:

We're hoping things get back to normal soon...

4 comments:

Kath said...

what the heck?! I hope you guys have called the cops for all of these things. (of course you would..) but that's honestly terrifying.

Brooke said...

What?! Is there a car sabatoger at the Isle trying to attack your poor vehicles? And the window thing is very weird. So so sorry Heather!

Courtney said...

scary!! I would be so paranoid if all those things had happened to me! And really mad if someone wrote on my car in permanent marker! who are these people??

Aubrey and Brett Taylor said...

oh my word Heather! What is going on!?!?! You have to keep us updated if you figure all of this out. I would be looking for a new apartment if I were you. But I'm extremely paranoid! Hope it all works out, and love your 6 month post! Love you!