Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I have been "tagged"

25 unremarkable things about me:

1. I don't like when people say "clearly", I think it sounds condescending.
2. I like to practice my handwriting, and I LOVE when people compliment me on it.
3. I lose things (and think I lose things) all the time, it drives me nuts!
Yesterday I freaked out on my way home from work thinking I'd left my purse on the roof of my car; it was in the back seat.
4. I only buy stuff on sale, even at Nordstrom Rack. I refuse to pay full retail.
5. I am a stickler on the following pronunciations:
Supposedly, there are no B's in this word people
Height, this word does not end in a TH sound
Clothes, I pronounce the TH
Saying "I couldn't care less" as opposed to the incorrect yet more popular "I could care less" (which I realize is

not a pronunciation thing but I still see relevance).
6. My pajamas have to match.
7. I only believe 15% of what people tell me.
8. I still think of myself as a blond, but I have had brown hair for 2 months.
9. I feel guilty when I don't talk to my friends at least once every other week, even if I haven't seen them in months or years.
10. I text while driving but I never speed.
11. I try to be a really considerate driver, well minus the texting.
12. I have good parking luck and usually get front spots, even in December.
13. Ambyr thinks my mind works like a guy's.
14. I know more about professional sports than I let on, but I don't care about them.
15. I do not have Cable or the Internet (which explains my blogging absence). Sam and I get movies from the library twice a week for entertainment.
16. I like to buy the same things I have already had.
For example I lost my wallet (see #3) I'd had for 2 years and Sam found me the exact same one and I was sooo happy I nearly cried.
17. I drive an 88 Honda Civic Hatchback and I am not ashamed of it.
18. I LOVE sauerkraut, even though I hardly ever eat it.
19. My favorite thing to do is go camping at the lake with my cousins (and aunt and unlce of course!).

20. I am a height snob, if my friend is dating a new guy, the first thing I say is, "how tall is he?" I have always been this way. Sam is 6 ft 7.
21. I am really good at telling you what movie/tv show actors have been in. Unfortunately I do this most often with Sam while watching shows and he couldn't care less.
22. I am obsessed with music.
I sometimes think about how if Kurt Cobane hadn't … er died we may not have the Foo Fighters and then I feel really conflicted.
23. I constantly bounce my leg. Most of you know this.
24. I sometimes wonder why you are supposed to use a question mark when phrasing "Guess What?"
25. I have felt REALLY guilty about not updating my blog which has made it even harder to write a new post.

8 comments:

Tere said...

ok ok, I know I say supposedly right but the height thing I'll work on! I love how you write Heather and I can relate with all of it...except texting while driving. Thats a big "no no"!! I've also seen #3 in action way too many times...hence your retainer, wedding dress, wallet, curling irons I could go on and on...love you anyway!!!

Jana said...

you are so cute! ps. we are almost car twins! mine is just a tad younger, haha

Kristin Ann said...

Hi Heather!! you and your hubby are adorable! Hope you guys are doing great!

Kath said...

HAHA!! What a cute post!!! I have to say that I think I MARRIED YOU based on your 25 random things lol!! (um... the hus. would absolutely agree to at least 19 of the 25!! Not the forgetting the purse thing though lol!) Oh. and the height thing. I'm only 5' 9" so I don't think it means that much to him lol! (p.s. he's 5' 9 1/2") :) I'm so glad you are a blogger and it was fun to read your adventures! :) Lets stay in touch! *muah* your forever X-quasi-roomie-in-Hawaii. :)

Nicole said...

Hey Heather! It's good to see another post and you are excused from your lack of posting due to your lack of internet. I understand.

Also, I believe I must be counted out as a friend of yours because I have most definitely not heard a thing from you in months. Granted my mom and Kami relay your news. A blog comment every now and then would suffice! No guilt intended...okay, maybe a little. :)

By the way, I just saw Jana's picture on Chrissy's blog. She must be a Fremont'er??

I hope everything is going great!!

Aly said...

Cute blog! Just wanted to say hi and I can totally relate to the feeling of putting off blogging just because it had been so long since a previous post- I finally caught up and the guilt is gone.

The Battisti Family said...

Fun to read! Speaking of pronunciations...how about when people say irregardless instead of regardless. I hate it. And I am a height snob too, (I love how you call it height snob). I told Derek that I don't think I would have been attracted to him in the beginning if he were short and therefore probably wouldn't have married him and then he said "Well, I probably wouldn't have married you if you were fat and ugly." OK. And about question marks...I think it's weird to not put one when you say, "I was wondering if you wouldn't mind...." It seems like a question mark should go there. Anyway, what a long comment. In other words, I liked reading your blog and I can relate.

Jeff and Eliza said...

I love this! I can totally hear your voice saying these things and it makes me really miss the good old days when we were roommates! You are pretty freaking funny!