Friday, June 12, 2009

Twins?

There is a woman at my work named Kelly. Her desk is near my desk, although we have almost no interaction. She works in the ECom part of our business, I work for Mainline stores. She and I have a similar hair color and we might be similar in height as well (I'm probably a bit taller, of course) but those are the only similarities in our appearances.
I was in the kitchen at work and this woman came up to me and started chatting with me about brisket and how she was looking for a good recipe. Although I didn't know the woman, I do love to share a good recipe so I offered to send her mine, since I have the best brisket recipe EVER (thank-you Grandma Ducks). I went back to my desk to email her but could not remember her last name. I went over to her desk and asked how to spell it and she started talking to me about some meeting conflict. I had no idea what she was talking about and then she called me Kelly. I was confused but understood she must have thought I was Kelly and I went and told Kelly what happened to let her know about the meeting conflict. Thinking the woman had recognized her error I assumed the mistaken identity had been resolved. I have now run into this same woman several times and each time she asks if I am Kelly, stating that she cannot tell us apart. It's kind of hilarious but also a bit annoying. I'll try to snap a photo of Kelly so you can see the "similarity".

In other updates my work best friend, Heather, quit last week and now time drags on so slow... I miss her.

And in case you wanted my brisket recipe here it is:

Ingredients-
Brisket
Brown Sugar
2 PK Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix
2 Bottles Heinz Chili Sauce
1 onion, sliced

First rub a little brown sugar on the brisket.
Cover the brisket with 1 packet of onion soup mix.
Cover it with one bottle of chili sauce.
Layer on about half of the sliced onion.
Sprinkle the 2nd packet of onion soup mix over top.
Cover it with the 2nd bottle of chili sauce.
Layer on the sliced onions.
(you have 2 layers of the same stuff happening here)

Cook in a crock pot on low for approximately 6 hours. I believe you can also cook it in the oven around 300' for 6 hours, make sure it is covered but I really like making it in the crock pot. It never dries out that way.

Note: The sauce makes for excellent gravy!

3 comments:

The Palmers said...

I like that story. haha And I LOVE that recipe.

Nicole said...

I will be using that Brisket recipe when I get my crock pot out of storage. Sounds easy and yummy!

Also, thanks for posting the arrival of Grace. I have been checking Ambyr's blog knowing she had to be coming soon. I'm glad everything is perfect!

Also, Kami's having a boy and I'm due in Dec. If you didn't already know...

Brittany Sorensen said...

That's pretty funny! And your brisket sounds soo good, I'll have to try it sometime! My mom said she really enjoyed you guys :] And your brisket recipe gave me the great idea to post a favorite recipe of mine once a week, so I think I'll start doing that! Also...you should tell Ambyr to invite me to see her blog so I can spy on her too!