Monday, August 31, 2009

Restless Leg Syndrome


I have received so many dirty looks for my bouncy legs. They shake the church bench, and bleachers, and entire cars. I have always had this problem. Someone once asked if I was on drugs, saying they'd never seen anything like it. I've always said I am just anxious. Recently Sam and I had our DNA tested for various diseases.
Turns out I probably have RLS, restless leg syndrome. I mean results won't tell you you have something but they let you know what your genes are predisposed to.
Here is my RLS result:
To calculate your estimated lifetime risk, we looked at two places in your genome that are associated with restless legs syndrome. At each location, there are two markers, for a total of four possible risk markers. You have four of the four risk markers we looked for. Each risk marker increases your odds by a different amount — some a little, some a lot.

Saturday I told one of our friend about this and she said they have medication for it, but one small possible side effect a medication induced gambling addiction. Wait... What?...

2 comments:

Ambyr said...

Um. This is hilarious. Seriously, what?! :)

Courtney said...

I bet you'd be pretty good at the blackjack table, maybe you should try it...I'm just saying...