Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lost but not forgotten

About every six months I lose my debit card… This has happened since I was 15 and got my very first one. Not to shock you but, I have lost it again. Usually I find it weeks later in my car, back pocket of a pair of Levis, my desk drawer, the night table, under the bathroom rug, behind the dresser, etc… No such luck this time. I did what my mom taught me, I retraced my steps. I know exactly when the last time was that I used it (at Target). I know exactly which pair of Levis I wore. I was not wearing a coat. I remember which car I drove (which I have cleaned thoroughly and it was nowhere in sight). My precious card has now been missing for exactly 3 weeks and I am losing hope that it will ever reappear. I should really cancel it and order a new one but I know the old one has to be somewhere.
Luckily, I have another checking account and a debit card that draws from it. I can freely transfer from one checking account to another with online banking, so I could use the other one until the original card resurfaces… Just one problem, I can’t remember the pin to the second account’s debit card. In short, I think I must have the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s; not really but honestly, what’s the matter with me? Poor Sam, it drives him nuts. I like to remind him that it has been a long time since I lost my wallet or my purse, I probably just jinxed myself.

1 comment:

The Palmers said...

well, at least you'll have a friend in the alzheimer's ward.... me! i ALWAYS forget facts, numbers, childhood memories that i shouldn't! so annnoying. i feel ya. hope you find it soon!