Thursday, January 14, 2010

New phenomenon

People call me Ashley.

My name is Heather Ashby.

When people call me Ashley I know they don’t listen well and do not pay attention to detail.

Since Ashby is a relatively new last name, this is a new phenomenon in my world.

It happens most frequently at work, which is odd because people see my name typed at work, and they have to type in my first name to email me. You cannot email someone by typing in a last name…

This is a mystery to me.

So for your reference PetSmart people, my name is Heather!

3 comments:

Tam Tam said...

good to know ashley....

Aidyl said...

oh, that sucks. I think it's really annoying if people dont get your name..at least after knowing someone for some time they should know.

If people get my name wrong..even we have known eachother for quite some time..I really think they just don't care.

Darlene said...

that is so funny, c'mmon people read the whole name! that would irritate me