Thursday, August 26, 2010

February

PetSmart has a daycare here in the office which I signed up for in March when I was about 27 seconds pregnant. They informed me I can be on the list however, they didn't foresee an opening until April. APRIL!! I needed that kid enrolled for February. What was I supposed to do with James for 2 months? I don't have family close and I feel like asking a friend to watch a newborn for a couple months would be WAY too much to ask of someone, even if I paid them. So I have been stressing about this for MONTHS. Pretty much my entire pregnancy. Sam's point of view was, "Don't worry about this now. These things end up just working themselves out."
I disagree.
I think all of my stressing and worrying works these things out. He has his way and I have mine...
Well today I went into the daycare to see if there were any updates and what do you know, my worrying payed off and James is officially in to the PetSmart daycare for February.
Hooray!!
Now I can breastfeed. TMI? Sorry. But it was a big issue for me to consider.
For anyone judging me for putting my precious infant in daycare when I should be a good Mormon mommy and stay at home with him, save it. I feel sick about it. I want nothing more than to stay home with him and be with him every second of every day but it just won't work out. With Sam in Medical school I have to work. If I work now, we will be in a much better financial position as our family grows. No one made us have a baby while attending med school, it was our choice. This is the price we pay for being so anxious to have a little one in our lives. We'll see how I deal with it when the little guy is here...

6 comments:

hachtmans.blogspot.com said...

Your such a good mommy already! Congratulations. You look so fabulous too. Your 27 week looks like my 20 week. I love your new mirror too.

Kath said...

Breastfeeding is not TMI! But I find that I feel less, uh, personal when I call it "nursing" for some reason. Maybe because I don't have to write the word "breast" and then skeeze out because I imagine everyone imagining my breasts. :)

That honestly sounds so wonderful that you can nurse at work!!! and whoever those hachtmans are... agreed. You are already a fabulous mom. We all worry and stress and get everything just right. :) It's the mom vs dad thing. Welcome to it friend! You're already swimming right along.

Brittany Sorensen said...

I'm glad you cleared that up. I was totally judging you. (Kidding. Actually I am begging Ty to let me put Jack in a preschool program for 18 month olds, because my kid DRIVES ME NUTS most days. I think a two hour break every day would be nice.) Miss you!

Kath said...

I think you feel more guilty about this than anyone else would. Nobody would ever judge you for working.. just saying.

Lots of mormon moms work it's the way of life now adays. It's a true true blessing to be able to stay home.. a rare gift. Nobody's judging you. :) (Okay. granted there's always the village idiot.. but they're the same people who have un-educated opinions about other people's everything only other village idiots listen to them... haha.)

Ambyr said...

I love this post! You totally surprised me with your "save it". Hilarious! Remember my motto: what's good for mom is good for baby. Jammer is already lucky to have you for a Mama. Xoxo

Catherine said...

I agree, no one's judging... or at least the ones that matter aren't judging you! You gotta do what will work best for your family - my sister-in-law has her son in the daycare at her work and she says it is a lifesaver! She's had him in there since he was a newborn and I can't believe the incredible care they take of the little ones. She, too could nurse on her breaks, lunch, etc. That is awesome that you are able to get him into a daycare so close! Congrats on the baby Heather, you are going to be an amazing mom!