Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sew what?

I have been begging Sam for a sewing machine for about a year. He kindly let me know we do not have room for a sewing machine and they are expensive so it may not be a great idea right now.

I have had my heart set on getting one.

When we went to LA last weekend I mentioned my current desire to my family, and what do you know but my ALWAYS generous grandma gave me her sewing machine!!

It's like brand new and it works beautifully. I found the perfect spot for it in our home so Sam and I are both happy and excited.

My first project, maternity pants.

Why must most maternity pants come with bell bottom legs? Pregnant women don't want to look or feel even more ridiculous than we all ready do.

I pined up my pants and hit the sewing machine.

My mother was on the phone for tech support purposes, which helped immensely. She gave me the help I needed and the pants looks pretty good, take a look:



3 comments:

Brooke said...

Nice work! They looks lots better. You have seamstress skills ;)

The Palmers said...

riddle me this... maternity pants in the summer??? haha i tried on some skinny maternity jeans at old navy and they were cute, but i took them off immediately remembering i might die if put those on and go outside. either way, yours look great!

Aubrey and Brett Taylor said...

way to go girl! Love the craftyness in you....youre going to put that sewing machine to good use with a baby around. did you get any good fabric in LA?