Thursday, July 14, 2011

My slippery fish

I signed James up for swimming lessons. The class ages were 6 months to 2 years. It was a steal of a deal at $20 for 2 weeks. The lessons were held at the rec center and who knew there was a fun mini water park that is so close to home? AND it's only $3 per person!! We will definitely be getting season passes next year!
The first day of lessons I quickly noticed all the other kids were on average 2 years old. One mother admitted to me her kiddo was 3 and a half. So while the other kids practiced blowing a ping pong ball across the pool, I focused on making sure James didn't put the ping pong ball in his mouth. We did have fun little games and James loved jumping in (which was really me sitting him on the side of the pool counting to 3 and then flying him in the air and then into the pool). I was getting a decent workout and a decent tan. James did however improve his splashing skills. Now he goes wild in the bath tub soaking almost the entire bathroom.
Today was the last day of lessons and James was so excited to get there. He knew where we were going, I love seeing him flap his arms and kick his legs when he gets excited about something. I am really glad we did it, and I may even try to sign up to do it again for a later summer session.




4 comments:

kc said...

This second picture on here if my very favorite I have ever seen of James. So cute! Holland and I did a swim class too, and it was so fun!

Paul, Kami and Henry said...

Is it that hat that makes him look so old? He is so stinkin' cute!

P.S. Can we get James to teach Henry how to grow some hair?

Marcos and Angela said...

Heather how adorable is your son and u look fabulous as ever hope all is well!

Aubrey and Brett Taylor said...

HEather! The Taylor clan is coming to AZ next weekend. Lets hang out by the pool and let the boys play! Ill call you....LOVE James camera face:-) so so cute!