Friday, July 29, 2011

You learn something new every day!

My little mister is all of the sudden learning new things every day. It is crazy:
-This morning Sam saw him and said "Hi Baby" James replied, "Hi Da" and they did that back and forth about 6 or 7 times. Amazing.
-If you ask him "do you want milky?" he will say "yeah!" if you ask him "do you want to go to bed?" he will answer "uh uh!". Sometimes it is hard for m to believe an 8 month old could communicate so well, but he does.
-He can now pull to stand.
-He goes from crawling to sitting like a champ.
-He has days where he crawls and other days when he forgets how.
-He says Mama but only when he REALLY wants my attention (I have only heard him say it a dozen times or so as opposed to Da or Dada which he says all the time)
-CAN PUT HIMSELF TO SLEEP!! This is our second best team effort thus far, second only to learning how to nurse.
-Gives kisses.
-Still wants to be held all the time but I do not mind. In fact, I like to hold him as much as I can.
-Loves it when I sing at the top of my lungs in the car.
-Loves dancing with me.
-Laughs at the same things I laugh at.
-Smiles when I take his photo, he knows exactly what's going on when he sees a camera pointed at him.
-Loves to swim (see video below).
-Loves to eat bananas.
-Will finally eat rice cereal!! Hooray!!
-Will always stop dead in the middle of a tantrum if I start to recite "Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?"
-Loves to read books with sound effects.
-Has traveled more in his 8 months of life that most do in the first 8 years of their lives (12 flights under his belt)!

James is so much fun. We love having such an amazing, sweet, and happy little baby in our lives. We love him so much!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow, that's a lot of flights, you are so brave!! Fun that you've gotten to take him around and show him off though ;) And so good to hear that he falls alseep on his own now, I'm sure that was a major relief for you! Well done.

Ambyr said...

Can not wait to get my hands on him in 5 days!

Tere said...

Ditto to Ambyr but just 4 days to go!! Yahoo!! He'll be saying Gram Gram before you leave... :)