Friday, April 11, 2008

Are you interested?

Sam asked me to come up with at least 5 hobbies we can do together. My problem with this? I feel like I'll come up with my 5, we'll get interested in 1, we'll be super into it for a few weeks, maybe months, and then gradually we won't do it anymore, and then it'll become something that once was. Now you are correct, I suffer from fear of commmitment and over thinking things. But still this is a daunting task for me, so to aid the process I have begun a list of things I am interested in:

Wakeboarding and Wakesurfing (life long love)
Cooking/Baking (duh)
Sunbathing (but I am not as into wrinkles so I have given this up:)
Reading (I love to read, this is Aunt Shelly inspired thanks to all the books she gifts me)
Photography (I LOVE taking pictures, but only of people, I am not into scenery)
Tennis (Sam is really good at Tennis and I think it'd be fun to learn)
Writing (thus my blog)
Dancing (Sam is so not into this idea)
Music, (specifically the piano but I would LOVE to learn to sing)
Sewing (my dream is to be like Roma)
Crafts (weird right?)
Babies (having my own but I'll have to wait a bit for that so I love other babies until then)
Camping (Am calls me "outdoorsy")
Carpentry (nothing amazing, but to build a table or chair or something would be fun)
Pilates or Yoga (I have already failed at both but the book I just read inspired me to try again)

The problem with the things I am interested in is they really aren't things Sam would enjoy. He wants us to develop a hobby or hobbies that would be fun for both of us. So I have to come up with 5 potential hobbies we can do together so here goes:

1. Bike riding (I do love biking)
2. Tennis (see above)
3. Running (gulp)
4. Nature Hikes (Uncle Steve used to take us hiking and I always really enjoyed it)
5. Rock Band (I'm kinda kidding so I will come up with one more)
6. Playing Piano (we will have a piano, soon)

My list seems to suck. Any ideas?

4th 2006

6 comments:

The Vests said...

So, It was so fun having you guys over tonight! So happy to read up on your blog. As for the hobby question. I say when you get married, practicing making babies is a great hobby. Aaah, I made you blush. Biking is a big one for me, that is one I'd really like to get into because you can do it with your kids to, at any age. It's good for you too. This problably isn't the most offical "hobbie" but, I think popping in a new movie is a hobbie. We always do red box it cheap, easy, and close. You said you like to cook and bake. I think that is so romantic to be in the kitchen together. Another thought that was inspired by my neighbors was that every Saturday they I see the husband and wife working (chores) together. Not so romantic, but we are told in the church we need to work and I think it builds comunication skills and you get to spend time together even if it is just you Saturday chores.
I don't know if any of these help, but let me know I'd be interested to hear what you thought.

The Vests said...

p.s. I absolutly loved the pics on the web site. Very tasteful. You two are a beautiful couple. I want ours done! Sorry for all the errors, should have read it before I post! Even so, you get the picture. Also, I'm coming! I'll be at your reception! I got my tickets tonight!

Nicole said...

Hi Heather!! I'm glad I found your blog and I love the black & white pictures. I might have to copy the idea one of these days...just so adorable and cute...love it! Good luck with everything. I wish I could be there!

sarawhat said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! YOu and sam are so cute.

Catherine said...

Hey, I found your blog on Ambyr's. I've been hearing about you through her and thought I'd take a look at your posts. Love the engagement pictures, they are so cute and creative! How is married life?

Ambyr said...

Ummm...I'm interested so PLEASE do another post! It's been so long it's getting ridiculous. Thanks.