Monday, April 7, 2008

Fear of commitment

So the other day my mother called to ask why I have yet to create a new post on my blog. My mom was given permission to distribute my blog address to her friends etc and now they check it and it's been weeks and I yet to post an update. I got this sinking feeling in my tummy... A feeling I was well acquainted with, I had made a commitment that I may not have been ready for. I mean I just thought blogging would be something fun to do when I had random thoughts to share, little did I know I was actually making a commitment with family and friends to keep them updated on the goings on of my life. But like most commitments I make that I may or may not have been ready for, I make it right. So here is my update.

Last weekend Hannah, Sam, and I flew to LA to meet up with my Mom, Ambyr, and Luke who drove up from the Bay Area to throw a combined bridal shower for me and Hannah. Ambyr, Aunt Shelly, Grandma Ducks, Chrissy, and my mom threw us an amazing shower. They left nothing for want, that's for sure. The food was good enough for the Barefoot Contessa, the center pieces would Martha Stewart swoon, everything was just perfect. So many of our friends and family came, it was so much fun!
Maybe I talk about my childhood a little much but I think it's fun so here is a little more. Growing up there was always one person who would always stick up for me, someone who would always listen to me, someone who was always proud of me, someone who made me feel special, someone that made me feel like I'd always have someone to talk to... It was, and still is, my grandma Ducks. It was grandma's birthday the other day and I wanted to take a minute to mention what a sweet grandma I have been blessed with. She is the prettiest grandma I have ever know, and I tell that to everyone, and no one has ever disagreed. My grandma would always rub my back for me when I couldn't sleep, she would take us on walks to the local ice cream shop on warm summer nights, she'd make sure we wore our shoes when we went outside so we wouldn't catch pneumonia, and she would cart me and my siblings all around the San Fernando valley so we could see my relatives. My grandma has done nothing my whole life but shown me just how much she loves me. I hope she knows how much I love her!!

3 comments:

Ambyr said...

Oh isn't Grandma the best! Great post Head.

Tere said...

Head, your Gramma comments are the best and I agree wholeheartedly!!! Love you sweetheart, mom

grandma ducks said...

You have always been my little girl with the huge gorgeous eyes and big heart. I am the luckiest grandma in the world. I have 11 of the most beautiful, smartest and greatest grandkids ever and I love you all dearly! Thank you, Heather, for those kind words. I always want you to be safe and happy. I trust Sam will take care of you as you deserve. YOU ARE SPECIAL! Thank you again . I love you!! grandma Ducks