Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Is immitations really the most sincere form of flattery?

I want my wedding to be pretty timeless. My colors are pink and campaign my dress is all lace, my ring is a beautifully carved rose gold band, my flowers are roses, things are really very classic. It's important to me when looking back at my "big day" I don't feel like the pictures are dated or trendy, it just isn't me.
If you haven't seen my engagement photos, you should, http://www.mattclaytonphotography.blogspot.com/. Now for those of you who have seen them you'll agree that they are the best engagement photos ever, well the best for me anyway. They are black and white and very unique looking. Matt, the photographer, has an amazing eye for art and beauty and he and I discussed making the scene original and timeless. The photo shoot was so fun, and I was more than pleased with the outcome.
On Monday of this week I was reading one of my favorite blogs of an acquaintance who lives in Provo and happens to be an amazing writer. This blogger mentioned that Matt Clayton was the photographer for her engagement photos. She then goes on to note that she is wearing wellies (rain boots) and holding a wooden umbrella for their picture. For those of you who haven't received your invitation yet, she described the engagement photos Sam and I took just weeks ago. I was very sad that our 'original' idea was now unoriginal. I immediately appealed to Sam who sharply reminded me the scene was in fact the photographers brain child, not mine and he was at liberty to recycle it as he so chose. Since then, I have heard of other brides-to-be planning on a similar idea. And so it goes, my engagement photos are now officially trendy. The good news is: I think I'll live.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hey Heady - Whats that phrase you always say.
"Why not, It's the popular thing to do, Right!
Good news though they are no longer jealous... LOL
Love you baby
Aunt Shelly