Tuesday, July 15, 2008

HKJ Rolls

This is the best roll recipe I have found to date. Enjoy!

HKJ Rolls

10 1/2 cups white unbleached bread flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon salt
3 rounded Tablespoon instant yeast
3 Tablespoon liquid lecithin (you can find it at any health food store or sub w vegetable oil)
4 cups hot water

Mix dry ingredients. Add lecithin and water. Mix for 1 min. and check consistency. If dough is too dry, add more water. If dough is too moist, add more flour. If you have a mixer, mix for five min.-if not knead by hand for ten min. (I spray my working area and hands with some Pam, to keep the dough from becoming too sticky). Do NOT add water or flour to the dough after it has finished mixing. Spray counter and pans with Pam. Shape loaves and cover with a dish towel. Let raise 25 min. Bake at 350 for 25 min. This recipe makes 4 loaves of bread.

I don't make loaves, but rolls, so you don't have to let the rolls rise, unless you want them bigger than you make them and I find that baking them for about 8-9 min. is all it takes. I always take a sharp knife and make a few cuts on the top and the brush the tops with butter and sprinkle with seasoning.

I always half this recipe, 10 1/2 cups of flour would make a TON of rolls, so if it’s just for a few people, I would do the half and if you use lecithin pour it directly into the bowl-don't try to measure it, because it is so sticky that even your dish washer won't get it off the measuring spoon.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That roll recipe sounds great, I have one that's very similar. Happy Birthday too, I hope you had a great day yesterday!