Saturday, July 12, 2008

Shower me with the love...

I went to Sabrina's shower this morning and it was so fun. We pretty much just hung out and chatted, my favorite things to do at showers. Then all of the married women went around and gave advice to the soon-to-be married girl. Some attendees gave great advice and I wanted to tell every one about it. So it gave me the idea to post the marriage advice I received at my shower and ask if anyone received any advice they think would be worth sharing.
1. Stay faithful to your religion first and foremost
2. You don't have to be the winner in every argument.
3. As Winston Churchill advised, "never give up!"
4. Keep all of your thoughts positive and your words uplifting.
5. You always have time to talk things through.
6. I all else fails, go shopping.
7. Do you want to be happy or do you want to be right? Happiness always!!
8. Always give him a kiss goodbye.
9. Marriage is not a matter of romance, but more and anxious concern for the comfort and well-being of your companion.
Everyone else said, don't go to bed angry, I am not sure how feel about that one... If you have any brilliant advice, I would still love to hear it!

Congratulations Sabrina!! I hope you and Dustin are so happy together!!

1 comment:

The Palmers said...

Ok. Here's mine... keep things interesting! even though james doesn't always respond to my car dancing, i keep it up. one day he will join me. ha