Monday, February 15, 2010

I love my love

Happy belated Valentines Day! I thought I would let you all in on a few Sammy secrets, the things that make his so dang lovable.
-Can I start out with this face:

-He has the best sense of humor! Once, we met 2 teenagers from Mexico and they didn't speak any English. Within 2 minutes of meeting these kids, Sam had them laughing really hard. Who can crack people up in their second language?
-Sam works SO hard in school. Although this means I don't see him very much, I know he is doing this for our family and our future.
-Sam always wants both of us to be our best selves.
-He will sit with me and work through a new song I am learning on the piano (okay he just did this for the first time yesterday but it was so much fun).
-He loves the gospel and is an honorable priesthood holder (the most important thing of course).
-He locks the door when he leaves and I am still home, to keep me safe.
-He makes me feel like I am the only girl in the room wherever we are.
-If a car needs a push, or is stuck in the snow, Sam never hesitates to help. I think he almost feels like it is his obligation, given his stature;). You should see the people's faces light up when they see Sam coming to help.
-And the last thing I will post, because I am getting too mushy already, is Sam is always open to talking about anything I feel like we need to discuss, which is exactly what is needed for a happy marriage.

To Sam I dedicate the song "In My Life" by The Beatles, Paul and John have the gift to say what I can't articulate:

There are places I'll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends, I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life, I'll love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life, I'll love you more

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh cute! I agree with your sam compliments, he is hilarious. We like you guys :)

Tere said...

May I say that Sam is such a gentleman. He so happily gave up his bed, room and home for the comfort of myself, Ambyr and the kids. He is such a wonderful young man and I am happy to have him in the family!
Love you two!! Mom
PS. Not to mention that Heather is a fantastic host, remarkable cook and wonderful Daughter!! Love you!!