Friday, February 12, 2010

The Mighty Duck (The sequal to "Duck and Cover")

Make sure to read the post below before this one, otherwise it won't make sense.

It happened again! Same time, same place, and presumably, same duck. Quackers (which is how Sam and I now refer to our little "friend") woke me up in the middle of the night. Louder, and more persistent than ever. I shook Sam awake and immediately started hysterically crying (remember the whole irrational/emotional middle of the night persona I take on at 3:30AM) screaming, "Sam!! What are we going to do?! I can't live like this?!" He immediately got out of bed (which is a small miracle in itself) and made his way outside and started chucking pebbles in Quackers direction. The Quacking ceased and all was quiet on the "lake" again.
During my lunch break today I drove home and went into the apartment office but I wasn't sure they could help me. I told the lady at the desk about the issue and also mentioned I didn't expect they would be able to resolve it, I just needed to vent about it. The woman smiled and explained that it is now mating season for ducks. Seriously?! That's the noise that's keeping me awake at 3:30AM?!? A concupiscent duck. Great.

1 comment:

Ambyr said...

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!! I love that Sam went chasing after the duck when he woke up to you crying histarically! Good man! Xo