Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Remembering how I told Sam...

Before I got pregnant, I thought about how I would tell Sam when I found out. My friend KC put together a really cute way to tell her husband Ashton here and even video taped it. It really made me want to do something amazing to tell Sam he was about to be a father. I thought about it long and hard and decided I know myself well enough to know the very second I found out I was pregnant, I would be on the phone calling my sisters/mother/grandparents/brother/bffs/ect but of course Sam would have to be the first to know. So I realized that I would probably end up taking a pregnancy test, and having to wake Sam up to give him the best news of his life with nothing amazing planned. Which is almost what happened.
I was supposed to see the fertility doctor that day... I had an appointment to discuss what we would do if we weren't pregnant by summer. I was only 1 day late on my cycle and NEVER would have taken a pregnancy test except, as I said, I was supposed to see the fertility doctor in a few hours. So I took a test then I set it aside while I brushed my teeth. I looked down at the test and saw 2 lines, and completely freaked out. Luckily, Sam was already awake and I yelled for him to come quickly. He could probably tell by the frantic sound in my voice it was serious, so he came in and I told him, there are 2 lines, I've never seen 2 before. He said what do 2 lines mean? I told him it meant I was pregnant. As soon as I said it out loud I started to cry. Sam started to laugh, not in a funny haha way, but in that sweet way that showed he was really happy and excited.
Maybe you also want to know the first person we told... Well, I called My mother, no answer, I called Ambyr, no answer, so I decided to try Tyler's phone in hopes of finding my sister and Tyler answered. I asked if he was with Ambyr, he said no and he was actually in the middle of teaching seminary but wanted to make sure everything was okay (probably because I have never called him at 6:30am before) I said I was, and then he asked if I had just found out I was pregnant. I told him I was, he congratulated us and said he'd make sure Am called ASAP. So there it is, Tyler was the very first person to share our good news with us. Too funny.

2 comments:

kimberlee shaffer said...

I am SO EXCITED for you Heather!!! This post was so sweet and made me cry! You are going to be an amazing mother. I can't wait to find out what you are having. Congratulations!!!

kc said...

You know I would've told Ashton right away had he been there!! I just had 12 hours to worry/think about it!