Wednesday, March 2, 2011

American Idol pick- Paul McDonald

I thought I may have jinxed Alex Lambert last season, with my early prediction and his premature departure. But now that he has a record deal, a TV show and a career maybe I didn't jinx him after all. That said, my season favorite for the men:
Paul McDonald.
I'm obsessed with his amazing voice. He is an incredible performer. And he's got a great look.

His duet of Blackbird was the best I've heard from any performers this season:

I also found this little gem. It's his band, The Grand Magnolias, performing what I assume is an original song:

Okay so although I love him, Maggie May?! Really? I get that he has the same rasp of Rod Stewart but um hello little teeny boppers are the faithful idol voters, not my grandparents. You may want to choose a more current song. It was well performed but this week is SOOO important. They are cutting so many people. Not a good week to choose Maggie May.

I wasn't super impressed with anyone else. James is pretty good but I am not sure butt rock is right for Idol either.

Last "Idol" thought. Jacob Lusk. I don't get it. I don't think he is original. I don't enjoy listening to him. Is it just me?

PS. I dreamed they called me as a wild card pick to perform on American Idol and I performed "Stay" by Lisa Lobe. So random.

1 comment:

The Palmers said...

i love that song! i love him too. that original song reminds me of james blunt but better. i think he'll be at the top for sure. i wasn't really impressed with anybody else either.