Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's Baby Signing Time

Little known fact about me: I know sign language.
I wouldn't say I am fluent, but I am decent. I started taking classes in 7th grade and continued through college.
That said, I decided a couple weeks ago to try to teach James a few signs. Mom, Dad, Milk, and More. He didn't seem very interested. So I went to the library and grabbed a book on teaching your baby to sign and a couple DVDs. Since he is so young I decided to switch up my strategy and do one sign at time. I decided to teach him,"up" since it's easy to sign and easy to demonstrate. Well what do you know a short 4 days later and he's got it! In hindsight maybe up wasn't the best one to teach him because if he signs it, I have to do it to reinforce his sign. So I am picking him up just seconds after putting him down. Oh well, there is nothing cuter than a little 4 month old signing, I love it.

2 comments:

madeleine said...

That is so cute! That's awesome he caught on so fast, I've been thinking about teaching Max and I think I just might start after seeing that cute baby signing!

Tere said...

Oh he is such a "hard worker" !!! I just can't get enough of his sweetness...love you Jammer!! Gram Gram