Thursday, March 31, 2011

American Idol top 11 wrap up

So American Idol, Elton John week: AMAZING. EJ has been a family favorite all of my life and I was super excited to see the Idols perform his stuff. A couple of my faves were left out:
1. Harmony (my #1 fave EJ song)
2. This Train
3. I Want Love
I am happy no one did The Lion King soundtrack.

I have to say, I am starting to "get" Jacob. His voice is smooth and easy to listen to but he is beginning to remind me of Billy Ocean (see what I mean here)

I think Paul should have performed Harmony. It would have been PERFECT for him. I am starting to feel like he is losing his flare in this competition. His voice is still amazing but he reminds me of Chris Cornell post Sound Garden excluding Audio Slave, incredible voice, not singing the right songs.

I hate Niema.
I hate Stefano.

I like Thea's voice but I find her to have zero personality :-/

I LOVED Lauren Alaina's performance.

I think James Durban is okay but highly over rated and SUPER cocky. Did you catch last week when he said "I got to save something for the finale?!" Skewz me?!?!

Pia irritates me too. More because it seems like she has tractor beams for Paul which I find hilarious. Their kids would have amazing musical talent though ;)

LOVE Haley Reinhart, I like her best of all the ladies. Love her growl.

I won't miss Scotty McCreery when he's gone. Sowee.

I wouldn't have missed Casey...

I almost DIED when Paul was in the bottom 3! Not cool. I voted online so I did my part.

2 comments:

hachtman said...

So Casey is my Favorite! If you couldn't see what he looked like, and you only heard his voice. You would love him!!! My next fav's Pia or Haley. Agreed that Thea has zero personality! Scotty Mcreepy is killing me and the Gospel dude is overboard every time. You were right about Mr. Durbin...I am shocked he is actually doing so good. Stefano needs to go. Lauren sang like a dixie chick last night and I loved it! Wish we could watch it together.

Darlene Swapp said...

I like Casey, and Haley.
Lauren is good, and I think Scotty will do well in country, but won't win. Always forget about Thea... And I don't like Niema or James.