Monday, September 13, 2010

Arizona it is...

You know when something you really really want that is just too good to be true seems like it might just work out?
For Sam's 3rd year of medical school he had an option to rotate for an entire year in California. Oh I was all ready planning the trips to the beach, Burlingame, Fairfield, Fremont... Of course.
Back to the rotation situation. Most students want to stay in Arizona because they don't want to move. Well, there are more students than rotation slots so you have to enter a lottery to see if you get to stay in Arizona. You have about a 70% chance of getting into the rotation. I was hoping against hope that we would be the 30% that "had" to go to CA.
No such luck.
I am stuck in Arizona for at least another year and nine months.
It isn't that bad. But I do miss my family. And my friends. And the beach. And the weather.
Sam is thrilled, the rotations here are more established and supposedly will be better for his career so of course I am all for that. But man I miss California.

1 comment:

Tere said...

And we miss you Heddy!!! We will still be here whenever you want to come! Love you!! :)