Saturday, September 25, 2010

Crib, check!

A month ago Sam and I purchased a really great crib, actually my Mom bought the crib but we picked it out and brought it home.
The crib is so cute, the only issue was the color. It was that almost white wood color and I am not a fan. I couldn't decide what color to paint it and then I found this cute photo of a nursery where the furniture was all grey and I loved it. With the help of Sam and Ambyr, who both have a better eye for color than I, we selected the perfect Grey color I like to refer to as Anony-Mouse which isn't the real name but seemed much more fitting that the actual name,Anonymous, given the grey mouse-like color.
I primed the crib with Gripper a couple of weeks ago (and of course forgot to take before photos darn it) and I painted the crib today. It took me all day to paint, even with the use of my fancy new paint sprayer. Side note, I do not recommend painting a crib. It's was LOT more work than I thought and although I love it now, I wouldn't want to do it again.
Anyway here is the final product:



The nursery is still a work in progress but knowing if the baby came early (which hopefully won't happen) we'd have somewhere for him to sleep makes me feel good. It also makes the birth seem more imminent...
Now the question is, do I paint the walls? If so, what color...

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Heather it looks awesome! I'm a big fan of the color. And your pictures on the wall are cute too. I need to come over and see it in person.

Kath said...

If you do paint the walls... go with lime green. :) But I think it's cute white as well. :)

Warning: (not that you don't know this..) buy my son eats his crib like crazy. He has eaten huge dents into it. I know he's just teething but ... all that hard work painting might end up all chunkered up. Hopefully not though!! cuz it looks ADORABLE!!!!!! *muah*

Tere said...

Well Heather you have done it again! Your ability to complete your tasks especially in a timely manner amaze me. This looks incredible. Great great great! Are you going to paint the chair too? Love you :)

Allyson said...

So cute Heather - I love it! You should paint the walls a really light yellow... the color of the little peeps in your wall hangings over the crib, just lighter. :) Love you lots!