Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pain in the Back

Sam and I bought a crib and glider on craigslist this weekend.
I'm so happy about it and I love them both AND we got an amazing deal.
I decided to paint the crib white, so I started yesterday by priming it with Gripper which is this amazing sticky primer that allows you to paint without sanding.
While I was priming the crib I was sitting in a funny position, the necessary way, when painting while sitting on the ground 7.5 months pregnant...
Out of nowhere my back went into spasm and I was stuck on the floor.
Luckily while frozen in position I finished priming the crib but I have been in agony ever since.
I have all kinds of back spasm medications, but again when 7.5 months pregnant, there's really nothing you can take.
I couldn't go in to work today because the only position that is comfortable is laying down.
I called my OB but they said to go to the ER, which it the LAST thing I want to do.
I am sure they would give me shots of muscle relaxers in my back but I don't think I want to have that... Considering baby.
So here I lay, on my couch, unable to move, all alone.
Hopefully I will have a miraculous recovery by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Thomas Family said...

Heather!! Have that d.o. husband of yours do some miraculous manipulation to fix your back! Seriously I was always having Mark do adjustments and stretches to relieve pressures and pains.